2020 Hot Cocoa Trail
Thursday, January 9, 2020
Every weekend in February!
Come in from the cold this February with Downtown Barrie's Hot Cocoa Trail!
Now in its 6th year, this February tradition beats the winter blues by showcasing some deliciously unique & creative hot cocoa beverages provided by Downtown Barrie coffee shops, cafés and bistros.
Every Saturday and Sunday during the month of February, head downtown, venture along the Hot Cocoa Trail and indulge in signature cups of hot chocolate while sipping, shopping and supporting local!
With each purchase of a signature Hot Cocoa Trail beverage, fill out a ballot and enter to win one of three Hot Cocoa Trail Vouchers.
This year's event is in support of Seasons Centre for Grieving Children. To find out more about this incredible organization, click here.
1) Unity Market (22 Toronto St.) – Saturdays only
o Flavour: Raspberry Vegan Hot Cocoa
2) Epic North Coffee / Homestead Artisan Bakery (80 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour 1: Epic Peppermint Mocha with Homestead Peppermint Tuile Peppermint Chocolate
o Flavour 2: Epic Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Homestead Peppermint Tuile Peppermint Chocolate
3) Ripe Juicery (118 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour: Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate with coconut whipped (dairy free & vegan)
4) The Vegan Pantry (34 Ross St.)
o Flavour: Smore's Vegan Hot Cocoa (dairy free, gluten free & vegan)
5) P_zza (50 Dunlop St. East, Unit 100)
o Flavour: Bacio Hot Chocolate - traditional Italian flavour
6) Lazy Tulip Café (42 Maple Ave)
o Flavour: Mexican Spicy Mocha
7) Casa Cappuccino (91 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour: Cinnamon White Hot Cocoa
8) Bohemia Café (125 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour: Parisian Hot Chocolate
9) Gallery Café @ the Maclaren Art Gallery (37 Mulcaster St.)
o Flavour: Chocolate Cherry Hot Chocolate
10) Swirleez Frozen Yogurt & Hot Chocolate (89 Dunlop St. East #101)
o Flavour: Smore’s Hot Chocolate
11) Barrie Olive Oil Co. (45 Dunlop St. East) – Saturdays only
o Flavour: Hot Apple Cider
12) Valiant’s Eatery (112 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour: Vegan Dark Hot Cocoa
13) Chavo Crepes (74 Dunlop St. East)
o Flavour: Salty Marshmallow Hot Chocolate
14) Common Good Cafe & Social House (85 Bayfield Street)
o Flavour: Lavender Infused White Hot Chocolate with House made Marshmallows, Cookie Crumble and Edible Flowers.
15) Barrie Farmers Market (Barrie City Hall Rotunda) – Saturdays only, 8am to noon
a) Nicholyn Farms
Flavour: Maple hot chocolate with milk from Sheldon Creek Dairy, maple syrup from Carter's Maple Syrup, and maple sugar from Williams Farm.
b) Without Reservations
Flavour: Dirty London Fog Hot Cocoa with Salted Caramel.
c) Your Ultimate Meals
Flavour 1: Handcrafted cocoa with marshmallows.
Flavour 2: Keto Cocoa. Sweetened with stevia.
d) Just Nuts Mylk
Flavour: Vegan hot chocolate with handmade mylk.
16) The Wired Owl Company (49 Dunlop St. East) - Sat, Feb 15th & Sun Feb 16th / Sat, Feb 22nd & Sun, Feb 23rd / Sat, Feb 29th)
o Flavour: Wired Owl Hot Cocoa
17) Five Points Theatre (1 Dunlop St. West) - Saturday, February 8th & Sunday, February 9th (11am-3pm)
o Flavour 1: Charlie and the Hot Chocolate Factory
o Flavour 2: Curious George Discovers Alcohol (19+, Dine in Only)
18) Meridian Place Winterfest Ice Bar - Saturday, February 15th
o Flavour: Charlie and the Hot Chocolate Factory
19) Flying Monkey Craft Brewery & Tap Room (107 Dunlop St East)
Available daily, must be 19+, bottle purchase to take home
o Flavour: Ginger Belle Beer (Price: $6.95)
$2 from each bottle of Ginger Belle purchased supports Seasons Centre for Grieving Children