There’s Still Time to Register for May Days 2019!
Monday, April 1, 2019
What is May Days?
We're encouraging people to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather spring brings. May Days is all about getting people downtown and supporting local. When a customer makes a purchase at a participating location, they fill out a ballot for a chance to win an incredible prize package. In 2018 over 80 businesses contributed to the May Days prize package that totalled over $3,750 in products and gift certificates. Our goal is to surpass this in 2019!
The Charitable Component
Downtown Barrie has teamed up with the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County to help promote/support the event. We are asking that each participating location agree to make a $10 cash donation on behalf of the Downtown Barrie (BIA) to the May Days event charity, the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County. If you'd like to have an Alzheimer Society donation box in your business, please contact [email protected]
Participating is easy!
Step 1: Agree to donate a minimum $25 gift certificate or product/service of equal or greater value to the May Days prize package.
Step 2: Agree to donate $10 cash on behalf of the Downtown Barrie (BIA) to the May Days event charity, the Alzheimer Society of Simcoe County.
What's in it for Your Business?
- Posters, window stickers and buttons indicating your business’s participation
- A listing on the dedicated event page at downtownbarrie.ca
- Social media coverage on Downtown Barrie's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts as well as a Social Media Kit to assist your business with promoting the event
- Direct promotion to draw customers into your business to fill out a ballot through Downtown Barrie’s advertising in Snap'd
- Exposure to other participating businesses
- A value added offering to current customers