Posted to Event Notices, Member News
What is the Hot Cocoa Trail?
Now in its 4th year, this February tradition is an opportunity to beat the ‘Winter Blues’ with the temptation of some unique & creative hot cocoa flavours. Kicking off Winterfest weekend (Feb 3-4) & every weekend in February. Downtown Barrie will promote the ‘Hot Cocoa Trail’ to the community as a chance to indulge in a signature hot cup of chocolate, a chance to win a ‘Hot Cocoa Prize Package’, along with the opportunity to support a local charity.
Last year we had 10+ Coffee Shops, Cafés & Bistros participate; We hope to have more in 2018!
$2 from every ‘Trail Hot Cocoa’ will be donated to ‘Barrie Out of the Cold’!
Participating is easy!
- Create an unique, signature Hot Cocoa flavour to be offered for sale every weekend during February.
- Sell your signature flavour in a 12oz cup with the set price of $4.00 with $2.00 be set aside for the ‘Hot Cocoa Trail Charity’. We recommend that you cost your creation to $2.00.
- Donate 5 FREE 12oz hot drinks as part of the ‘Hot Cocoa Trail Voucher’ to be awarded to ‘Trail Passport’ Prize Package Winner.
What’s in it for Your Business?
- Passport – Downtown Barrie will put together a ‘Trail Passport’ listing participating locations. Visit at least six (6) ‘Trail’ locations to be entered into the Hot Cocoa Trail Prize Package Draw. *New in 2018* These passports will be available at each ‘Trail Location’ FREE of charge
- Event Collaterals – Downtown Barrie will provide Posters, Window Stickers, Passports, Pins, etc. to assist with promoting your business’ participation
- Event Page Listing – Downtown Barrie will promote the ‘Hot Cocoa Trail’ on our website; along within local community calendars (i.e. newspaper, radio, and municipal, etc.)
- Social Media Coverage – on Downtown Barrie’s dedicated Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Event Social Media Kit – will also be provided with ‘ready to upload’ photos and pre-drafted content
- Press Release & Conference (pre-event) – T0 be scheduled for event promotion
- Press Release (post-event) – Highlighting event recap & donation to Charity