Posted to Member Events, Member News
Sunday December 31st, 2017
6pm – Midnight
Barrie City Hall
70 Collier St.
Ring in the New Year in downtown Barrie! Traveling from near & far, thousands join together to celebrate with a free evening of fun & entertainment at one of Central Ontario’s largest New Year’s Eve celebrations.
In partnership with Rock 95 and 107.5 Kool FM, the City of Barrie is excited to host an awesome evening of live entertainment featuring a special New Year’s Eve show for families with Chris McKhool, local band winners Rue Bella, tribute to The Tragically Hip with Practically Hip, & Canadian rock icon Kim Mitchell.
The show will also feature two fireworks shows presented by Telus, family fun activities, horse-drawn wagon rides, a bonfire warming zone, roaming buskers, skating, and more. Remember – Barrie Transit service is free from 5pm-3am to help you get to and from your celebrations safely. If you plan to drive to the event, there is plenty of free downtown parking available within close walking distance.
For more information, click here.
Activities (6pm to Midnight)
• Bring your skates and enjoy skating on the City Hall rink
• Horse-drawn wagon rides
• Snow Valley Resort Barrie’s mini tube run
• Family fun: Clarabella the Clown, face painting, hockey shootout, and more!
• Bonfire warming zone
• Roaming buskers
• Two fireworks shows presented by Telus
• Canada’s Largest and Fastest Network
Entertainment (times are approximate)
Join us for an exciting evening of live entertainment presented in partnership with Rock 95 and Koolfmbarrie, featuring:
7:00pm – Chris McKhool’s New Year’s Eve Kids Hoedown
7:45pm – Family Countdown & Fireworks
8:00pm – Rue Bella 9:00pm – Practically Hip
10:30pm – KIM MITCHELL 11:55pm – New Year’s Greetings
12:00am – Countdown to 2018 & Fireworks
• Collier Street from Owen Street to Mulcaster Street – 6am December 30 to noon January 1
• Collier Street from Mulcaster Street to Berczy Street and Mulcaster Street from Dunlop Street to Worsley Street – 3pm December 31 to 2am January 1